American Girl in Italy

How does the blue mold get in Gorgonzola? Have you ever heard the rocks at Castiglioncello sing and why do writers always seek solace in Italy? Time for me to find the answers to these and see, if in doing so, I also find my home.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, RM, Italy

i am actually the lost royal heir to the small kingdom of Birundi...having been secreted away by my wet nurse when mean overlords arrived turning our little known, yet terribly chic fiefdom into a nasty republic. now my people sit glued with their eyes glazed.....dreaming of distant IRA's and stock options, having long forgotten the taste of sweet green olive oil and the scent of rosemary.

23 February 2006

Censored in China! WoooHoo!

I have it in good authority from a friend in Qinghai that my blog has been blocked in China! All for a few words metioned about Tibetans. For what it is worth, we are just trying to get funding for some middle and high school students in Highland Tibet to get a decent education so that they can qualify for university.

Didn't think that was so friggin' political but who am I to say what causes revolutions.

argggghhhh!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been censored in a way before: I was acused of being a heretic by hundreds, maybe thousands of people and threatened with excommunication from the Catholic church by a Bishop. To others it may sound funny being censured and all. I used to think it would be cool to have made such a stir or to do something so outlandish to bring on such rebukes. However, it can hurt your feelings when it happens--especially when you with Tibet and me with the Catholic Church were only trying to help people. Being misunderstood and coldly being criticized without consideration to the facts or to you is hurtful.

March 01, 2006 12:11 AM  
Blogger ~Sparrow said...

In some ways I am glad that I have been faced the Chinese Good-No Good) blog assessment. I have taken down the majority of what they could have found offensive, but for what it is worth, these folks are doing some incredible work with very little financial assistance and I would like to see them be successful without being chewed alive at both ends of the spectrum (Chinese politics and NGO NPO politics). These folks are doing some excellent work for a group of studens who are really special and I hate to see it labeled as political activism when in reality it is merely a search for greater freedom of knowledge.

March 10, 2006 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker