American Girl in Italy

How does the blue mold get in Gorgonzola? Have you ever heard the rocks at Castiglioncello sing and why do writers always seek solace in Italy? Time for me to find the answers to these and see, if in doing so, I also find my home.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, RM, Italy

i am actually the lost royal heir to the small kingdom of Birundi...having been secreted away by my wet nurse when mean overlords arrived turning our little known, yet terribly chic fiefdom into a nasty republic. now my people sit glued with their eyes glazed.....dreaming of distant IRA's and stock options, having long forgotten the taste of sweet green olive oil and the scent of rosemary.

05 March 2006

Bloggers Bill of Rights



OK.....after a more than annoying dreary wet Roman weekend where people I am close to continue to not listen to a single relevant word I say, followed closely on the heels of complete strangers that I don't know considering me their new best friend: want my picture; pester me about how old I am; which zone I live in and do I need a fù€k buddy? I hereby wish all the above would kindly get a clue (please!).

Better still, if the latter read "A Blogger's Disclaimer" then perhaps a light bulb might go off in their heads and with that new found epiphany begin to realize that just because you share a piece of yourself publicly, does not necessarily mean you are some lonely misunderstood soul, with nothing better to do than be chatted up for some anonymous dirty lovin'.

For those in the former category...when you do come to the conclusion that I have something intelligent to say and by proxy, therefore something relevant to contribute, you might just begin to understand that a brain can be just as sexy as the sum of a person's parts. Then perhaps it will be clear to you why I get annoyed with being treated like some Barbie doll with only tits to keep you occupied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker