American Girl in Italy

How does the blue mold get in Gorgonzola? Have you ever heard the rocks at Castiglioncello sing and why do writers always seek solace in Italy? Time for me to find the answers to these and see, if in doing so, I also find my home.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, RM, Italy

i am actually the lost royal heir to the small kingdom of Birundi...having been secreted away by my wet nurse when mean overlords arrived turning our little known, yet terribly chic fiefdom into a nasty republic. now my people sit glued with their eyes glazed.....dreaming of distant IRA's and stock options, having long forgotten the taste of sweet green olive oil and the scent of rosemary.

30 March 2006

Day four and counting

so…

i have been duteously informed by my ex that i am now unintelligible when i speak English, and that this evil trait, (not being Italian mother tongue or fully fluent in said second language) is the root of all our disharmonious discontent. this despite the fact that during any given week, the 85 or so Italian mother tongue participants i work with 10 hours a day, IN ENGLISH, don’t seem to suffer from this same malady.

as a result…

i now speak only pigeon Italian with him and if i wasn’t stuffato before…..this certainly brings me a good bit closer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracie P. said...

i think it's them, not you...

April 05, 2006 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have just chatted to you, but the few words u wrote in italian were correct... definetly ur italian is better than my english when i moved to the uk !!!!!

michele

April 24, 2006 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker