American Girl in Italy

How does the blue mold get in Gorgonzola? Have you ever heard the rocks at Castiglioncello sing and why do writers always seek solace in Italy? Time for me to find the answers to these and see, if in doing so, I also find my home.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, RM, Italy

i am actually the lost royal heir to the small kingdom of Birundi...having been secreted away by my wet nurse when mean overlords arrived turning our little known, yet terribly chic fiefdom into a nasty republic. now my people sit glued with their eyes glazed.....dreaming of distant IRA's and stock options, having long forgotten the taste of sweet green olive oil and the scent of rosemary.

16 July 2006

Celebrating Homecomings

OK.....in keeping with my, I will now catalog the wine I consume so my faulty memory has a record....I have come across some holes in my theory of completion.

This is a wine my friend Eowyn brought back from Paris that we enjoyed to celebrate are new apartment and finally having some much needed time to sit and just chat and revel in the fact that a panel painting conservator and a lover of books now share an apartment in what used to be a book conservation studio.

While I am a big fan of Saint Emilion, this was a wine producer I was unfamiliar with. Trying to get details, I have discovered that for 2002 there was a marked change in grape blends with 2003 reverting back to only two grapes. Can't find out why. Can't find a link to the vineyards to ask, and, as a result....have on incomplete record of the vintage based only upon previous vintages.

oh well!

Puisseguin Saint-Emilion
2002

Grape variety: Merlot , Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon,

Growing Conditions: Unverified for this year. 20 ha family estate, located in Puisseguin Saint Emilion. Soil is clay limestone. Harvest usually occurs each September where growing conditions are normally sunny, and dry which produces a decent maturity.

Date of Harvest: Usually September 1 to 10 Date of Bottling

FERMENTATION
Method: Unverified this year. Traditional vinification usually occurs in cement tanks with immersed cap.

TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS
Brix: ---- Alcohol Content (%): 12.5
pH: ---- Extract (g/lt.): 0-5
Color Intensity: ----
ACIDITY (g/lt.)
Total: ----
Malic: ----
Volatile: ----

SO2 (mg/lt.)
Total: ----
Free: ----

Special comment by the wine maker: ----

Tasting Comments: It is a Blending mainly with Merlot, which adds a bit of softness Château Teynac is vinified to keep imperatively the fuity taste, that is well rounded and especially easy to drink. Aging potential 6-8 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker