American Girl in Italy

How does the blue mold get in Gorgonzola? Have you ever heard the rocks at Castiglioncello sing and why do writers always seek solace in Italy? Time for me to find the answers to these and see, if in doing so, I also find my home.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rome, RM, Italy

i am actually the lost royal heir to the small kingdom of Birundi...having been secreted away by my wet nurse when mean overlords arrived turning our little known, yet terribly chic fiefdom into a nasty republic. now my people sit glued with their eyes glazed.....dreaming of distant IRA's and stock options, having long forgotten the taste of sweet green olive oil and the scent of rosemary.

17 October 2006

I am alive

Well i got a call from Montreàl asking me if i was alive after the metro crash today......and another from Jakarta, and then a third from London asking if I was ok.

Strangely.....none from blood relations, nor from anyone who has ever told me "ti amo".

sigh,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forse se la gente tiene a te allora ti ama.

October 19, 2006 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10/27/2006
What Metro Crash? Obviously you survived Thank God! We do love you little one, even as you wonder. Did you get Shane's football pictures? I hate this not having a computer situation.Love D and M
And For you:
THOSE WHO FOUND THE TIME

My vision
of a lilac world
is held in trust for me
by friends
who’ll never know
they’re friends.
And lovers I’ve held
only once.

I’d let them know, but how ?
I’d fit them in, but when ?
Still no one’s needs
are that of being
fitted in.

Every man demands
his full round
share of time.

But on those few
who’ve found the time
to fit me in,
schedule me somehow
within their crowded lives.
They are remembered
almost daily.
At night
each of them returns
every bit as real
as lilac smells
on April days.

October 27, 2006 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker